The First Annual International Conference on Expanding Scholarship
in Radiology Education was held on Friday August 24th, 2007
in London, Ontario, Canada. It drew approximately 75 attendees from
across Canada, as well as the United States and Southeast Asia. The
enthusiasm displayed motivated the formation of the Society for Scholarship
in Radiology Education, as well as the planning of the Second Conference.
First Annual Conference -
Expanding Scholarship in Radiology Education
President, Royal College of
Physicians and Surgeons, Canada and 2nd Vice-President,
of Radiology and Medicine, University of Madison Wisconsin, USA;
'Medical Education Research: Challenges and Opportunities'
Emeritus, University of Calgary, Canada and
Education Consultant to RCPSC, RSNA, ACS and AAP;
'Adapting Adult Learning for the Radiology Workplace in the
Chair of Radiology/NM, Schulich
School of Medicine & Dentistry, University of Western Ontario,
'Expanding Scholarship in Radiology Education'
Dr. Kathy Hibbert and Dr.
Teresa Van Deven,
for Education in Diagnostic Radiology/NM, Schulich
School of Medicine & Dentistry, University of Western Ontario.
'Promoting Evidence-Based Education in Radiology'
Radiology Residency Program
Scientific Sessions: Translating
Radiology Education into Practice
Building Capacity and Education Outreach
- Dr. S. Kribs, Developing a Resident
Training Program That Reflects Emerging Biomedical Sciences,
- Dr. A. Donovan, Mentorship in Radiology
Residency Training Programs, New York University.
- Electronic Mentoring in a Radiology Residency Program
- G.S. Bisset, III, MD, Duke University Medical Center
- W.E. Brant, MD, University of Virginia Health System
- J. Parboosingh, MB, FRCSC, University of Calgary
- J. Rees, MD, FRCPC, Aga Khan Postgraduate Medical Education,
- T. Obura, MD, Aga Khan Postgraduate Medical Education, Kenya.
- Dr. Yan Luo. Training Ultrasound
Doctors in Chengdu, China, Sichuan University, China.
- Dr. Tay Kiang Hiong, The Challenges
and Opportunities Experienced by the Department of Diagnostic Radiology
as a General Hospital Shifts to Becoming a Teaching Hospital. Singapore.
- Dr. M. Fortier, Teaching Radiology
in a Developing Country (Cambodia), UWO, ON.
- Dr. R. Rankin, MIASoft as a Teaching/Learning
Tool, UWO, ON.
- Drs. J. Battista & T. Poepping, Portable Imaging Systems
for Interactive Teaching of Radiography, CT, and Ultrasound Principles,
Departments of Medical Biophysics and Physics & Astronomy, UWO,
- Drs. J. Alfieri, L. Portelance, L. Souhami, G. Arthor & F. Gallant,
Development of an Interactive, Web-based,
Radiological Anatomy Learning Module for Radiation Oncology Residents:
A Pilot, McGill University Health Centre, PQ.
- Dr. Shuo Li,Communications Tools
and PACS, UWO, ON.
- Dr. T. Wilson, Imaging as a Method for Teaching Gross Anatomy,
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, UWO, ON.
- D. Roeder, Training the End User, GE HEalthcare Canada.
- J. Martin, Health Technology Assessment and Evidence-Based Decision
Making, LHSC, ON.
- E. Ng & N. Jaffer, Integrated
Learning Environment for Elective Medical Students in Radiology with
Performance Analysis, University
of Toronto, ON.
- Drs. R. Taylor, I. MacDonald, & J. Battista, A Desk-Top
Optical Imaging System for Teaching of Radiography and CT Principles,
Department of Medical Biophysics, UWO, ON.
- Drs. J. Cox, B. Chronik, E. Wong, T. Poepping, A Hand-Held Imaging
System for Teaching Ultrasound Imaging Principles, Department
of Physics & Astronomy, UWO, ON.